Are you planning to host a website on your own? Are you juggled with so many questions such as, How to decide whether a web host is good or not? Do bandwidth and disk storage features still matter these days? Which type of web hosting provider suits your entity? If you have all these questions in your mind and are looking for an affordable web hosting provider then let's explore few key points to be kept in mind while signing up with one.
• Know your hosting needs – Knowing what you want must be your priority always. You can never get the right and affordable web hosting provider without knowing what exactly you seek from them. So, before meeting a host explore answers to the below questions on your own,
• What sort of website are you building?
• Do you want a shared platform or a dedicated one?
• What could be the application of your website?
• What could be the web traffic volume you are expecting?
• What do you want to create with your website ie, ROI expecting out of your website expenditure?
• Study your partner well in advance – What to look for in a web host?
Once you are clear on your priority next is to investigate the reliability of the web host in the market and study about the provider thoroughly before signing up with them. If you are a newbie or a small enterprise a shared hosting account is preferable over a dedicated one.
• Reliable Server – Having a server that operates 24/7 is very important when launching a website on your own. Proper maintenance is necessary in order to ensure a flawless, continuous service to the customers. So, you need to choose a company which is operating on a powerful server and stable network connections.
• Server Upgrading – Whether it is a shared server or a dedicated server keeping web pages up to date and accessible is the responsibility of the web host. Hence, choose a partner who is keeping the servers up to date as per technological advancements of the market. If you are expecting a heavy traffic to your website, inform your web hosting provider before in hand so that they can maintain and manage the server efficiently and effectively.
• Hosting Sign up vs. Renewal Costs – Whether it is a shared server or a dedicated server you must incur the cost of installation and maintenance of the server. You must also incur the cost of renewal every year or at the end of your agreement term. Though the cost of signing up for a company is cheaper, the cost of maintenance and renewal are quite pinching. Hence, if you are a newbie or a small enterprise goes to a shared server, at least the cost of maintenance can be lowered. But you cannot escape from renewal costs in any case unless you hoop between two or three web hosts every two years you cannot escape renewal costs.